Effective/Updated as of December 20, 2021.
FORMATIONS CORP, and its affiliates (collectively, “FORMATIONS,” “us,” or “we”) is/are committed to protecting the privacy of certain data that is collected from you and that you submit when you access this website or websites, apps, or other online media under our operation and control (collectively, the “Site”).
We are a private company, established in the United States, registered at 12220 113th Ave, NE #100 Kirkland, WA 98034 with the contact email address dataprivacy@Formationscorp.com, and for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) we are the data processor.
Changes to this Policy
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time. In the event we make material changes to the Policy, we will provide notice through the Site. Changes will be effective immediately upon posting to the Site and will apply to your use of the Site after the “effective date” listed above. You understand and agree that your continued use of the Site after the effective date, means that the collection, use, and sharing of your information is subject to the updated Policy.
Except to the extent we receive your authorization or as permitted or required by applicable law, we will handle your data in accordance with the terms of the Policy in effect at the time of the collection.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, your privacy, or our policies in the event of a compromise of your information, you may contact us at dataprivacy@Formationscorp.com.
12220 113th Ave, NE #100 Kirkland, WA 98034
Information We Collect
As you are probably aware, we may collect information from a variety of sources to operate the Site, carry out our business, comply with law and other purposes described herein.
Information You Provide.
When you contact us or report a problem on our Site, you may provide :
- Your name
- Email Address
- Phone number
- Other related information as needed
When you participate in discussion boards, open forum, surveys, social media, communication services, sign up for a newsletter, or participate in Live Chat, if available, on our Site, you may provide:
- Your name
- Email Address
- Phone number
- Other information you choose to provide
When you create a user account with us, you may provide:
- Your name
- Email Address
- Phone number
- Other related information as needed
When you upload documents or complete forms on the Site, such as a resume or application, we may collect the information contained in those documents/forms.
When you buy or receive products, services, subscriptions, etc., you may provide:
- Your name
- Email Address
- Phone number
- Employment Information
- Government identification numbers/Licensing ID
- Payment information (e.g. your payment card number, authentication information and other billing and account details)
- Marketing and communication preferences
- Other related information as needed
You do not have to provide the above information to access or use the other sections of the Site. At no time will we ask you to provide sensitive data (e.g., race, ethnicity, political opinions, religious/philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, physical/mental health, sexual orientation, or criminal record) in connection with your use of the Site.
Information From Third Parties
We may collect information about you from third parties such as from your employer, through your social media services consistent with your settings on such services, from other third-party sources that are lawfully entitled to share your data with us, including from publicly available and third-party databases or services that provide information about business people that we believe will help us identify provide products and services that may be of interest to you. We use and share this information (and may add it to the other information we have on file for you) for the purposes described in this Policy. We will obtain your consent, however, before contacting you, if required by the law of the country in which you are located.
Information On Your Use
To monitor utilization of the Site and continuously improve its quality, we may compile statistical information concerning the usage of the Site using analytics services, such as those provide by Google Analytics. Examples of this information would include: the number of visitors to the Site, or to sections or pages within the Site, patterns of traffic flowing through the Site, length of time spent on the Site, or in sections or pages of the Site, the other sites that refer visitors to the Site, the pages of the Site that visitors frequently use as entry and exit points, utilization of the browser and operating systems and versions used by visitors to the Site, methods used to browse away from the page, any phone number used to call our customer service number, and location information. The analytics services may transfer this information to third parties in case of a legal obligation or if a third party processes data on behalf of that service. To compile this information, we may collect and store:
- Your IP address
- Your operating system and platform
- Your browser type and version
- Time zone setting
- Browser plug-in types and versions
- The pages you visit within the Site
- Data provider
- The length of time you spend on pages within the Site
- The site from which you linked to ours
- Search terms you used in search engines which resulted in you linking to the Site, etc.
While all of this information can be associated with the IP address your computer had while you visited the Site, it will not be associated with you as an individual, or associated with any other information you may submit through the Site, or that we may store about you for any other purposes. We may use this information to generate aggregate statistics about visitors to our Site. Please check your web browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings.
Cookies and Similar Technology
You may control cookies, including preventing or stopping the installation and storage of cookies, through your browser settings and other tools. If you do so, our Site may not function correctly. Please refer to the Help feature of your browser for information on disabling cookies.
IMPORTANT: By using the Site, you consent to the processing of any personal data for the analytics purposes and functions described above.
How We Use Your Data
In general, we will use the information we collect about you only for the purpose it was collected, for compatible purposes, as permitted or required by law, as necessary to carry out our contractual duties and obligations, and as otherwise provided in this Policy. For example, we may use your data in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from your membership, or any contract we may enter into with you.
- For listing in the membership directory or as part of a FORMATIONS committee
- To provide you with the information, products, membership services, and opportunities that you request from us or express interest in.
- To notify you about changes to our membership services.
- To organize the events that you have purchased or registered for, and to provide you with information, and other materials, relating to the content of the event, the speakers, sponsors and other attendees.
- To process your payments for purchases and services, dues, and donations.
- To provide our magazines, newspaper, and other publications.
- To communicate with you, including sending messages about the availability of our Site, security, or other service-related issues. (You may change your communication preferences at any time. Please be aware that you cannot opt-out of receiving service messages from us, including security and legal notices.)
- To manage your user account.
- For our research and development efforts. We may use data, including public feedback, to conduct research and for the development of the Site and the services and products we provide to you.
- For other everyday business purposes such as payment processing and financial account management, product development, contract management, IT and website administration and security, fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance.
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented most effectively to you and your computer.
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about events, products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased, provided you have not opted-out of receiving that information. For example, to send you newsletters and promotions using any communications preferences you have expressed. We may provide these communications via email, postal mail, online advertising, social media, telephone, text message (including SMS and MMS), push notifications, in-app messaging, and other means.
- To ensure your information is accurate and to personalize our products and services. For example, we may aggregate your personal data with data from third-party sources for purposes of keeping information up to date. We also rely on information from third parties in order to provide better, more personalized service. If you connect your social media services or other accounts to our services, we may use this information to make your experiences with us more personal and social, or share and use it as described elsewhere in this Policy.
- For advertising. We may show you ads on the Site using data from advertising technologies on the Site such as web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, device identifiers; or Information from advertising partners.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising that we provide to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
Disclosure of Information
In general, we will not disclose your data except with your consent and as described in this Policy. We may disclose your data for the same reasons that we may use it as described in this Policy, which includes disclosing it to our affiliates and non-affiliated third parties, as we deem necessary to carry out those purposes.
- Third Party Vendors. We may need to use or disclose this information with a member of our group partners or third party vendors:
With your consent or as you direct;
- To manage the Site;
- To improve and optimize our Site.
- For the performance of obligations arising from your membership, or any other contract we enter into with them or you;
- To process payments and requests for products and services;
- To provide you with products, services, or offers;
- To engage in marketing activities, such as sharing personal data with our partners to deliver advertisements to our shared customers;
- To enhance our services by, among other methods, obtaining assistance with providing more personalized membership services to you through analytics and other technologies (including, but not limited to, data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and payment processing);
- To protect our interests and legal rights, such as through responding to subpoenas and defending litigation; and
- To protect against and prevent fraud, illegal activity (such as identifying and responding to incidents of hacking or misuse of our websites and mobile applications), and claims and other liabilities.
We endeavor to choose affiliates and non-affiliates with similar standards to ours regarding the protection of data.
- Legal Process, Security, Defense, Protection. It is possible that we will need to disclose information about you if required by law, subpoena, or other legal process.
- Additional disclosures. We may disclose information about you if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
demonstrate our relationship with you;
- investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist law enforcement agencies;
- protect the security or integrity of the Site;
- investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party allegations or claims; or
- protect the rights and safety of others.
- Change in Control or Sale. We can share, sell, assign, or license your personal data in connection with certain business transactions, such as a sale, acquisitions, merger, or change in control, or in preparation for any of these events. In such cases, we will take appropriate steps under the circumstances and to the extent possible to ensure that the recipient agrees to provide privacy protections substantially similar to those established by this Policy. Any entity that acquires all or substantially all of the Company’s assets will have the right to continue using your data consistent with this Policy or as otherwise agreed to by you.
In no case will we sell or license your data to third parties, except as set forth above or as required or permitted by law.
Safeguarding of Information
No system for safeguarding personal or other information is 100% secure and even though we have taken steps to protect your personal data from being intercepted, accessed, used or disclosed by unauthorized persons, we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with personal data. However, we take a number of steps to safeguard the security of personal data obtained through the Site. For example, we have has implemented a security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard your data from unlawful use, unauthorized access or disclosure. There is no guarantee that data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our administrative, physical, or technical safeguards. Additionally, we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) data encryption when data is transmitted over the Internet to our Site.
Do Not Track
“Do Not Track” is a privacy preference that you can set in your Internet search browser that sends a signal to a website that you do not want the website operator to track certain browsing information about you. However, because our Site is not configured to detect Do Not Track signals from a user’s computer, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track requests.
Modifying Your Personal data
You may contact us at dataprivacy@Formationscorp.com to:
- Update or correct your personal data on the Site; or
- Delete information from our records, subject to certain limitations.
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal data
You can always limit the information you provide to us, but if you choose not to provide certain requested information, you may be unable to access some of the services, offers, and content on the Site.
You may unsubscribe from any of our newsletters or other communications for which you have registered and opt out of receiving future marketing communications by following the instructions in the email to opt-out or clicking on the unsubscribe link within any email communication that you receive, by visiting your FORMATIONS Profile, or by sending a message to us at dataprivacy@Formationscorp.com.
If you opt out of receiving communications from the FORMATIONS or its affiliates, you will receive no notification on the group’s products or services. If you register for a product or service, you will be re-subscribed to email and hard copy communications. To unsubscribe, you may follow the methods noted above.
If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you with service, contact us at dataprivacy@Formationscorp.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary in order to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Links to Third Parties’ Sites
We may provide links to websites or resources outside of our Site for your informational purposes only. You acknowledge and agree we are not responsible for the availability of such sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, goods, services or other materials on, available through or provided by such sites or resources. We are not responsible for the privacy or other practices of such sites and cannot guarantee the security of any of your personal data that you provide or is collected by such sites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and terms and conditions on those linked sites.
Information of Children
The Site is not directed to children as the products and services on this Site are intended for persons 13 years of age and older. The Company does not knowingly collect, use or disclose any personal data from children. If we learn that Personal Data of persons less than 13 years-of-age has been collected through our Site, we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child or a minor under the age of 13 has posted, submitted or otherwise communicated Personal Data to our Site without your consent, then you may alert us at dataprivacy@Formationscorp.com so that we may take appropriate action to remove the minor’s Personal Data from our systems. You may also use web-filtering technology to supervise or limit access to the Site.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
We generally store the Personal Data that you provide to us on servers located in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, you should be aware that once your Personal Data is submitted through our Site, it will be transferred to our servers in the United States which may not have similar data protection laws to the country in which you reside.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS. If you are a California resident, please read the following:
- California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal data by certain members of the Company to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Requests may be made one time per calendar year. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2018 will receive information regarding 2017 sharing activities). You may submit your request using the contact information at the end of this Policy.
- If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of any site where this policy is posted, California law permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. You may submit your request using the contact information at the end of this Policy. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
NEVADA RESIDENTS. If you are a Nevada resident, please read the following:
- Nevada Privacy Rights – “Do Not Sell My Personal Information”. We may elect to share information about you with third-parties for those third-parties’ direct marketing purposes. Nevada Revised Statutes §§ 603A.300-.360 permits Nevada residents who have supplied personal information (as defined in the law) to us to, under certain circumstances, request and opt out of the sale of your personal data to third-parties for their direct marketing purposes.
- If this law applies to you, and you wish to make such a request, please provide sufficient information for us to determine if this applies to you, attest to the fact that you are a Nevada resident and provide a current Nevada address for our response. To make such a request, please send an email us at dataprivacy@Formationscorp.com with “Nevada Privacy Rights” as the subject line or mail us a letter at the address above. You must include your full name, email address, and postal address in your request.
users outside of the united states. If applicable, please read the following:
(a) Transfer of Your Information. Our Site and the services are operated in the United States and intended for users located in the United States. While we do not expect to directly market our Site or services to users outside the United States in any material manner if you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect, including personal data, will be transferred to, and processed, stored and used in the United States in order to provide the Services to you. Where GDPR applies and our processors of your personal data are located outside the European Economic Area, such transfer will only be to a recipient country that ensures an adequate level of data protection, or with your explicit consent.
(b) Additional Rights Provided to EU Individuals.
- Access and Portability: You have the right to ask us to access the information we hold about you, including personal data, and be provided with certain information about how we use your such information and who we share it with. Where you have provided your personal data to us with your consent, you have the right to ask us for a copy of this data in a structured, machine readable format, and to ask us to share (port) this data to another data controller.
- Right to deletion: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to delete personal data we hold about you:
where you believe that it is no longer necessary for us to hold your data including personal data;
- where we are processing your personal data on the basis of legitimate interests and you object to such processing and we cannot demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground for the processing;
- where you have provided your personal data to us with your consent and you wish to withdraw your consent and there is no other ground under which we can process your personal data; or
- where you believe the personal data we hold about you is being unlawfully processed by us.
- Restriction: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data:
where you believe the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate and while we verify accuracy;
- where we want to erase your personal data as the processing is unlawful, but you want us to continue to store it;
- where we no longer need your personal data for the purposes of our processing, but you require us to retain the data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or
- where you have objected to us processing your personal data based on our legitimate interests and we are considering your objection.
In addition, you can object to our processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interests and we will no longer process your Personal data unless we can demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground.
To exercise any of these rights above, please contact us at dataprivacy@Formationscorp.com.
Please note that these rights are limited, for example, where fulfilling your request would adversely affect other individuals, where there are overriding public interest reasons, or where we are required by law to retain your personal data.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at dataprivacy@Formationscorp.com.
• Complaints: In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your Personal data, please contact us in the first instance at dataprivacy@Formationscorp.com and we will endeavor to deal with your request as soon as possible. This is without prejudice to your right to raise a complaint with a relevant supervisory authority.
If you have any questions concerning our privacy practices, please contact us at dataprivacy@Formationscorp.com.
12220 113th Ave, NE #100 Kirkland, WA 98034